You should now have an understanding on how to get started with the combination of Zend and Doctrine. Though this tutorial handles really only the basics, it lays a foundation of where to start.
Challenge yourself by continueing to build onto this tutorial code. For example, challenge yourself by adding the following things to make your blog, more of a blog:
- Add Users by creating an Account module and implementing Zend’s own `zfcuser` module for your own `User` entity
- Require User validation for actions other than viewing posts
- Add image handling to your application
- Allow images to be uploaded (do this globally as `Blog` probably won’t be the only module using images)
- Create a view helper to put images where you need them
- Add images to posts
- Add `markdown` as something possible within posts
- Add `Comments` to posts, allow users to create these
You could probably think of a few other things to add as well.
I will later create additional tutorials to add just the things above (as separate tutorials). So stay tuned for future updates.